The Youth Dance Ensemble is focused on the development of dance artistry within the spirit and community of an ensemble.
ABOUT THE ENSEMBLE
The Youth Dance Ensemble was founded in 2002 to take the unique vision that guides ADC's professional company and extend this to developing young artists. The program immerses youth dancers in the study of ballet, aerial dance, improvisation and other contemporary dance forms with bi-annual performance opportunities. Comprised of twelve dedicated young dancers ages 8 through 17, YDE provides a nurturing and challenging atmosphere for young people to rise to their fullest potential in both dance and in life.
Fall 2017 Program
- Required commitment of 16 weeks: August 28 - December 17, 2017
- No class or rehearsal on October 31st or November 23rd.
TWO REQUIRED PERFORMANCES
- Winter Flight - Saturday December 16, 2017 Showtime TBA
- Winter Flight - Sunday December 17, 2017 Showtime TBA
REQUIRED WEEKLY SCHEDULE
- One Rehearsal/week: MON 4:30-6:00 pm - YDE Rehearsal
- One Ballet class/week at appropriate level:
- One Aerial Dance class/week at appropriate level:
- One Rehearsal/week - MON 5:15-6:45 pm - YDE Rehearsal
- One Ballet class/week - MON 6:45-7:45 pm - Intermediate Ballet
- One Aerial Dance class/week - THU 6:15-7:15 pm - Advanced Aerial Dance
YDE Attendance policy
- Solid commitment is required to join the YDE program. If unable to commit fully to the program it is best for your child to attend regular class programs instead of joining YDE.
- Aerial dance is physically and mentally demanding and takes repeated practice to learn. In order to teach young dancers the challenging choreography and prepare them for performances, excellent attendance to class and rehearsal is critical. If dancers miss more than 2 dates of class or rehearsal, they will not be considered for future YDE programs.
Each 8-week term, YDE must register and pay online for the three required classes/rehearsals listed above, as well as any additional optional classes. Mark your calendars with class term dates:
- Fall Term: Aug 28 - Oct 22
- Winter Term: Oct 23 - Dec 17
IMPORTANT NOTE: Online payment must be completed prior to the first week of each term.