The Youth Dance Ensemble is focused on the development of aerial dance artistry within the spirit and community of an ensemble.
ABOUT THE ENSEMBLE
The Youth Dance Ensemble was founded in 2002 to take the unique vision that guides ADC's professional company and extend this to developing young artists. The program immerses youth dancers in the study of ballet, aerial dance, improvisation and other contemporary dance forms with bi-annual performance opportunities. Comprised of dedicated young dancers ages 8 through 15, YDE provides a nurturing and challenging atmosphere for young people to rise to their fullest potential in both dance and in life.
- Required commitment : August 27, 2018 - June 23, 2019
- YDE 18-19 application deadline is July 25, 2018. (submit online form below)
REQUIRED WEEKLY SCHEDULE
- Youth Ensemble Rehearsals: Mondays AND Wednesdays 5:30-6:30 PM
- One weekly Intermediate Level Ballet Class.
- One weekly Advanced Level Aerial Class.
- Winter Flight - Saturday December 15, 2018
- Winter Flight - Sunday December 16, 2018
- Youth Ensemble Showcase - Saturday June 15, 2019
- Solstice Flight - Saturday June 22, 2019
- Solstice Flight - Sunday June 23, 2019
YDE Attendance policy
- Solid commitment is required to join the YDE program. If unable to commit fully to the program it is best for your child to attend regular class programs instead of joining YDE.
- Aerial dance is physically and mentally demanding and takes repeated practice to learn. In order to teach young dancers the challenging choreography and prepare them for performances, excellent attendance to class and rehearsals is critical.
Mark your calendars with the 8-week class terms below. Online payment and registration must be complete for the required classes and rehearsals prior to the first day of each new term.
- Autumn Term: August 27 - October 21
- Winter Term: October 22 - December 16
- New Year Term: January 7 - March 3
- Spring Term: March 4 - April 28
- Solstice Term: April 29 - June 23